GNWT 50 Projects and Initiatives
In addition to this website, the following initiatives and activities are underway to commemorate GNWT 50.
- The NWT Archives created a special web-based exhibit of facts, documents, and photos associated with the GNWT 50
- The GNWT will launch a new GNWT employee Intranet which employees chose to call Bear Net to modernize and expand employee communication and engagement. There will be articles, facts, and photos about GNWT 50 shared with employees over the next several months through this vehicle.
- The GNWT will be renewing its approach to employee recognition, with a focus on the Premier’s Awards for Excellence and Collaboration. This initiative will include a staff engagement process.
- The Department of Executive and Indigenous Affairs is working on a commemorative project in digital format to celebrate some of the moments, milestones and people that have helped to shape the Government of the Northwest Territories.
- A Facebook page has been set up to share stories and images from the past 50 years and invites residents to contribute their own memories.